LLD Capital Projects
Lisle Library District (LLD) Capital Projects
This page was created to improve public awareness regarding facility projects at the LLD.
“Capital Projects” refers to major facility improvements or development projects that focus on the building/campus. These projects may be structural, architectural, or affect facility design/arrangement.
The LLD Board and staff are committed to the Library’s Vision, Mission, & Values. Objectives outlined in the 2019-2022 LLD Strategic Plan will guide the Library for the next few years while supporting the Mission of the Library: to enhance the cultural, social, and life-long educational development of the community.
- LLD Board of Trustees Capital Project Statement
- LLD Renovation Summary PDF
- Reports | Presentations | Documentation
- RFQs/RFPs | Requests for Qualifications/Proposals
Under the LLD Strategic Plan’s FACILITY focus area, the objective is to provide a welcoming facility and campus that meets community needs, encourages utilization, and fosters an enriching environment.
- Update and enhance facility structure and exterior areas as identified by Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) to improve user experience (see Appendix A).
- Utilize Universal Design (UD) concepts in projected LLD facility projects.
- Commission professional assistance, when appropriate, to achieve SPC Facility objective.
- Refer capital projects to LLD Physical Plant Committee to review expert advice and recommend steps to achieve SPC Facility objective.
Through comprehensive Board discussion, strategic planning, community engagement, and qualified professional management, the LLD Board of Trustees supports this capital improvement project in keeping with key objectives within the LLD 2019-2022 Strategic Plan. The LLD’s overarching goal is to provide a welcoming facility and campus that meets community needs, encourages utilization, and fosters an enriching environment for our residents.
To achieve this goal, the LLD shall incorporate Universal Design concepts and space optimization features such as:
- Providing adequate restrooms throughout the building: family and single-use restrooms.
- Improving points of service: entrance, drive-up window, right-sized public service desks, and enhanced meeting/study spaces.
- Updating technology/power/security: increased WiFi access points, electrical outlets, and efficient lighting. Improved automated check-out and security systems. Creating a 21st Century Library experience.
Long-term, fiscal responsibility is imperative. The LLD has applied a three-pronged fiscal approach to planning and funding this project:
- Lowering the Library portion of property tax bills in 2017, 2018, 2019, and freezing the levy in 2020, while comprehensively evaluating the facility via reports, presentations, and discussion.
- Strategically investing in facility improvements now, to prevent successive ‘band-aid’ repair/replacement projects. This approach minimizes maintenance costs long-term.
- Utilizing operational and Special Reserve funds to fund the project, with an objective to maintain the LLD’s fiscally prudent trajectory into the future.
Thank you for visiting the LLD Capital Project page. We hope you are as excited as we are about the forthcoming facility enhancements!
- LLD Board of Trustees
Below are links to the reports and presentations that have affected and guided capital project discussions – in reverse chronological order. New Information will be added when available. LLD Board and Committee information is available via the Library Board page. Recorded meetings are accessible via the LLD Board of Trustees YouTube page.
- 11/04/2022 LLD Opens to Public for Phase Two Construction
- 10/28/2022 Announcement of extension of Library Closure
- 09/28/2022 Announcement of Library Closure - October 19 -- 28
- 03/21/2022 LLD Ceremonial Groundbreaking -- LLD Board of Trustees
- 02/21/2022 LLD publishes RFPs for furniture and shelving
- 01/20/2022 LLD publishes RFPs for testing, workstations, and moving services
- 01/19/2022 LLD Board awards construction contract to Camosy Incorporated
- 09/24/2021 LLD invites bidders to prequalify for construction contract
- 08/30/2021 LLD Open House Flyer #2 | SNH Presentation
- 06/09/2021 LLD Open House #1 | Image Boards
- 04/16/2021 Concept Phase Plans | SNH
- 02/17/2021 Draft Design Concepts | SNH
- 01/20/2021 Initial Design Concepts | CCS/SNH
- 12/16/2020 Program Definition Activities | SNH
- 10/14/2020 LLD selects Sheehan, Nagle, Hartray Architects (SNH)
- 8/18/2020 Request for Qualifications for Architect Services | CCS
- 1/8/2020 LLD Project Definition Exercise | CCS
- 12/2/2019 Project Definition Discussion II | CCS
- 12/2/2019 Order of Magnitude Examples | CCS
- 9/26/2019 Questions posed to LLD Board | CCS
- 9/26/2019 Project Definition Discussion I | CCS
- 7/10/2019 Facility Condition Assessment Report | FQC & LLD Update (1/21/21)
- 11/14/2018 Adopted LLD Strategic Plan 2019-2022
- 7/18/2018 LLD Problem Statements
- 6/20/2018 Universal Design PPT | National Disability Authority
- 6/20/2018 Universal Design Article | School Library Journal
- 6/20/2018 LLD Strategic Planning Committee Presentation
- 5/2/2018 LLD SPC Focus Areas Document
- 3/21/2018 LLD SPC Whiteboard Notes
- 2/21/2018 Inaugural LLD Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) Presentation
- 11/1/2017 Community Engagement Project
- ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS | MONUMENT SIGN | Advertisement for Bids - CLOSED - Bid tabulation
- ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS | GENERAL FURNITURE -- CLOSED | Advertisement for Bids
- ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS | SHELVING -- CLOSED | Advertisement for Bids
- ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS | MOVING SERVICES -- CLOSED | Advertisement for Bids
- ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS | WORKSTATIONS – GROUP LACASSE -- CLOSED | Advertisement for Bids
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) | CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL TESTING/SPECIAL INSPECTIONS -- CLOSED | Posted 1/20/2022 RFP Advertisement RFP Details/Letter
- REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) | INVITATION TO BIDDERS TO PREQUALIFY FOR LLD RENOVATION 9/24/2021 -- CLOSED
- REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) FOR ARCHITECT SERVICES - 8/18/20 - CLOSED | RFQ ADDENDUM #1: RFQ QUESTIONS/RESPONSES