LLD Capital Projects
Lisle Library District (LLD) Capital Projects
This page was created to improve public awareness regarding facility projects at the LLD.
“Capital Projects” refers to major facility improvements or development projects that focus on the building/campus. These projects may be structural, architectural, or affect facility design/arrangement.
The LLD Board and staff are committed to the Library’s Vision, Mission, & Values.
Objectives outlined in the 2019-2022 LLD Strategic Plan will guide the Library for the next few years while supporting the Mission of the Library: to enhance the cultural, social, and life-long educational development of the community.
LLD Trustees and staff have comprehensively discussed capital project options since 2012. Please see timetable in the Executive Summary of the LLD Strategic Plan.
Under the LLD Strategic Plan’s FACILITY focus area, the objective is to provide a welcoming facility and campus that meets community needs, encourages utilization, and fosters an enriching environment.
- Update and enhance facility structure and exterior areas as identified by Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) to improve user experience (see Appendix A).
- Utilize Universal Design (UD) concepts in projected LLD facility projects.
- Commission professional assistance, when appropriate, to achieve SPC Facility objective.
- Refer capital projects to LLD Physical Plant Committee to review expert advice and recommend steps to achieve SPC Facility objective.
Reports | Presentations | Documentation
Below are links to the reports and presentations that have affected and guided capital project discussions for the last two years – in reverse chronological order. New Information will be added when available. LLD Board and Committee information is available via the Library Board page. Recorded meetings are accessible via the LLD Board of Trustees YouTube page.
- 1/8/2020 LLD Project Definition Exercise | CCS
- 12/2/2019 Project Definition Discussion II | CCS
- 12/2/2019 Order of Magnitude Examples | CCS
- 9/26/2019 Questions posed to LLD Board | CCS
- 9/26/2019 Project Definition Discussion I | CCS
- 7/10/2019 Facility Condition Assessment Report | FQC
- 11/14/2018 Adopted LLD Strategic Plan 2019-2022
- 7/18/2018 LLD Problem Statements
- 6/20/2018 Universal Design PPT | National Disability Authority
- 6/20/2018 Universal Design Article | School Library Journal
- 6/20/2018 LLD Strategic Planning Committee Presentation
- 5/2/2018 LLD SPC Focus Areas Document
- 3/21/2018 LLD SPC Whiteboard Notes
- 2/21/2018 Inaugural LLD Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) Presentation